|Sunny Sunday in Shimokitazawa|
It's ready! It's been ready for two weeks but the weather in Tokyo was crap. But today the sun prevailed and I had to show off my Minoru ^.^
This year the winter in Tokyo lasted forever. This yellow cotton canvas was the first fabric I saw in the store and I did not hesitate a second. It was so springy and cheerful and warm! For the lining in picked the comics' superhero cotton fabric by Kokka. I am not a comics fan at all but his particular print was so funny and matched the jacket fabric perfectly.
Time-wise it took me 10 to 12 hours to work on Minoru. One week for muslin and fitting and 2 weeks for sewing. I have to admit I did not work consistently on it but in alternation with other non-sewing related projects
|Funky comics pattern. I could not resist it.|
What did I change? For my figure, this pattern did not require many major alterations. I was pleasantly surprised to see that the first muslin fitted almost perfectly, I cut it in size 4. Being tall (177cm) with long wast line I usually add 3-8cm to industrial patterns to lengthen my waist. But with pattern was heaven!
Since I am not hourglass I shortened the bottom by 4cm from both sides. I did not sew in neither cuffs nor hood, but I added the pockets. And lastly I shortened the collar by 4cm.
When I was attaching elastic I decided to sew it directly to the jacket and not to both layers (main fabric and the lining). This change gives me more movement at the waist. In this construction I did not tuck the lining into the hem of the main fabric but let it hang freely. To hold it in place, I catstitched the lining to the front pannel on both sides (see picture bellow).
|Me being silly|
|Pretending to be cold|
|Being silly again|
|Yellow is a perfect color for spring|
|Lining from the inside|
|I zigzagged the lining and then catstitched it to the shell|